Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Catching up on time....sorry lots of pictures!

Why do all the BOYS like the PINK Barbie Car????

How cute is my one year old??? Pretty Darn Cute!!!

Well, life has been busy as usually and brought some unexpected surprises as well. Since, James' 1st Birthday, we have celebrated a couple of great Milestones. Let's hope that I can remember all of them..haha! I made him a Cookie Monster Cake and we ate Pizza (his favorite). October 1st was a big day for our Family. We celebrated that that was the day James came home from the NICU. He was officially introduced to his Brother, Taylor (he got to meet Reaganne in the NICU) and apart of our everyday lives at home.



Reaganne has been loving school and doing really well! She received a Purple Behavior Color everday for the month of October! WHOOHOO! Everyone starts on Green, and then you can move up to Purple through the day or down to Blue, Red, or Yellow! Her teacher says she is a model student for all her classmates. She received her first Report Card! The kindergarten receives numbers, 1-4, 4 being the highest level and 1 being the lowest! She received all 4 and 3's! Go Rea!!! 3-is Mastery of the Grade Level and 4-Exceeds the Grade Level! She can count to 100 and she is starting to read! She is recognizing her sight words in the books that she reads! ;) She loves her friends and her teacher! The school did Donuts for Dads this past week, and even though it was 6:45 AM I was not able to get a picture, but you can only imagine the HUGE SMILE on Reaganne's face as she walked to school with her DADDY! She was soooo excited her Daddy was coming to school and eating donuts and going to the Book Fair! (I LOVED the Book Fair too) She batted her eyes and got the book she wanted at the Book Fair, and I could have bet a million dollars on that one! Randy swore he was not going to buy a book, yeah yeah! It was a huge planned event...they knew that the Dads would buy the books, you didn't see them having any Mom events during the Book Fair week...they knew we all would say NO! haha O'well it made her day ( and her Daddy's day too) and that is all that matters! BUT, when it came to her saying good-bye today..she was devastated...she clung to her Daddy and wouldn't let go, her Teacher had to come get her and peel her off. Randy was so cute, he gave her his Costco card because it had his picture on it and that way she would be able to keep it with her all day! AAAAHHHH IS THAT NOT THE CUTEST! Way to save the day DAD!!! I think it made Randy sad to, he kept calling me all day asking if he thought Reaganne was okay. ;) She had a Kindergarten parade this past week and that was so fun to watch her in...she was to dress up as a Fairy Tale Character! She choose Rapunzel! We dressed her in a Renascence dress and I made her long hair out of yellow yarn! She was a BIG HIT!!!





Taylor is about to turn 4, can you believe it 4! WOW time flies, I remember going into the Hospital today four years ago, crossing my legs so he was not born on Halloween! haha He is my loud, crazy, Dinosaur loving boy! He LOVESSSS Dinosaurs! He can name and tell you about every single dinosaur there ever was! He loves to act out all the shows he watches about dinosaurs! He is excited about his birthday, he asked for Panda Express for his Birthday dinner! He loves there spicey (orange)chicken! He can't wait to go to Toys R Us and pick out his gift with his GC from his Annie and Poppy and Grandma and Grandpa Grumbles!
The First Birthday card to arrive in the mail, from Annie and Poppy! He wanted to put it up on the Refrigerator! He loved it because it had a Dinosaur on it! He was very PROUD!


Well, as for me, I have had a lot of crap happen! First, I tore my left ACL (tore the right ACL 9 years ago) and caught the Swine Flu! So, it has been a really bad month! I got a new calling at Church, Visiting Teacher Coordinator! I am really excited about this calling, it will be a great way to meet and get closer to the Sisters in our Ward! ;) I am also excited to say that I will be hopefully, going back to school in the spring for a Nursing Degree! I want to be a RN and work in the NICU! I have wanted this for a long time, but finally can see it happening now! After Randy went to a Job Fair through our Church, he was introduced to the CEO of Medical City, and told him that I was interested in becoming an RN, he asked him where I needed to start. He gave him some great advice and hints on what I needed to do, so not only do I have a great contact, I have a good starting point for my goal! I have just joined the Volunteer Program at the Hospital (per the CEO's advice) and then they select people from the program to train and put through school! The CEO told Randy to have me shoot him an email when I get in the program and he will forward it on to the right people heading the program! whoohoo! ;) Let's just hope it is that easy! haha..I will keep ya'll updated! ;) As for Randy, he his working hard at his new job, and big church calling! He is gone a lot, but he really enjoys doing service for others and visiting others in our ward and seeing what he can do to help them in their time of need. He is really the sweetest most compasionate person I have ever met. He helps me...haha... We have enjoyed going to the Temple together a lot! I finally was able to get myself to trust someone in our house and babysit the kids, so we can go on Date Nights! The kids love it, and James eventually loosens up, he usually is in bed thirty minutes after I leave anyway! Life is hard financially lately, but somehow we are debt free and making it! Couldn't ask for more than that! ;) I have to give a shout out to Randy though...he deserves it! Okay, so I have been with my hubby for nine years this month (married for five) and in all those years, he has NEVER been SICK! No lie! He has not even had a cold, stomach bug, broken or torn anything! Sorry I can't say the same for me! It seems that every September - December since I have known him it is the time of the year for him to take care of me and babysit me! He is such a trooper! I have had our kids and ended up in the hospital for weeks, James in the NICU and I lived there for a month, food posioning ended up in the hospital, gallbladder surgery, tore my ACL, pulled my back out twice, Swine Flu, and many more sickness I can't think of right now...all between the same time period every year! He has picked up the slack, been the single parent, kept up with the laundry, cleans the house, does the dishes, and everything else around the house that I can't do at that time. He NEVER once has complained or made me feel GUILTY for any of it. I am very LUCKY! Not many men would take it all on at once either and not fall apart! I LOVE MY BABE!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Your husband sounds great (just like mine, I have to brag)! I'm so excited about you working to become a NICU nurse. Our whole hospital experience, from my bed rest to delivery to the NICU gave us a MUCH bigger respect for nurses, and the ones in the NICU were truly amazing. Do keep us posted on that!