Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 10....It's like looking at a new baby!



James had a great night and day! He is at 35% Oxygen and I was here this afternoon to see them do is first wean off the Nitric Oxide. It was so exciting!!! Hopefully, he will be off that by tomorrow night. Then they will take the Respiratory down from 35% to 21%, and it will come off. He looks great and heard me talking and opened his eyes and reached his hand out to me. I changed his first poopy diaper today, my first not his first! Then we turned him and wrapped him and his is up to 3tsp with his feeds. He heard me talking and kept turning his head the wrong way, so I had to move to the other side of the bed so he would stay facing the right way. Maybe he recongnizes my voice. He is eating right now and happy. I will update tonight after somemore blood gases! They are every four hours! ;) Keep the prayers coming, he is fighting hard and pulling out of this every hour. Love to you all!

Day 10~ Part 2...He had two great blood gases and has been weaned more on the Nitric Oxide. He will start going down in by 5's on the Nictic Machine, then we will start weaning the respirator and Feyntonal. They said he will have withdrawl from all the seditive medicine so, they are going to wean him slow, he is not on much though which is good. His nurse said they have been weaning him on it already. She gave him a sponge bath tonight and he took it really well. So, did not want to do to much, to upset him, but he was fine. He is doing great and continuing to fight.

I want to take a moment to testify that I strongly believe in the power of the priesthood and prayer. I strongly believe that Heavenly Father is holding my baby and leading him in the right direction. I thank everyone in my ward for their love, support and fasting for James and our family. We love all of you and appreciate all of you. I cannot wait to tell James about how much he is loved and supported.

1 comment:

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

Meganne this is so wonderful! We love you all!