Thursday, September 25, 2008
Day 14...Today was a very hard day
Just a little emotional hormonal breakdown. I am so tired of people telling me another two weeks, another two weeks. So, James is having trouble coordinating his suck and swallow, because of the high frequecy of the respirators and nitric oxide he was on for so long. So, they mentioned this in the beginning, however it is just another block in the road before he can come home. So, today was fustrating and difficult, but I was proud of myself for holding it together while at the hospital, but fell about on the way home. We worked on latching on and trying a bottle. The bottle made him gag, and he latched on, but he would get upset when he would have to swallow. So, I worked with two different people today at different times to work on his suck and swallow, however both said, "He was such a sick little boy, that it will take time for him to learn how to suck and swallow together." He really is trying, but just can't focus after swallowing and repeat that process one after another. He was so upset and tired after trying all day, he was really fussy and crying when I would put him down. He did not want me to leave, I think. I tried three different times to put him down when he was asleep and as soon as I did he started crying and even threw up on himself because he was so upset, so there was no way I could leave him. I wanted until he calmed down and then was able to lay him on his tummy, he likes that best. Then I could leave. I HATE leaving him, it is getting so hard, and I WANT my baby home so bad. I was thinking, and I have practily lived in the hospital the entire month of September, I was admitted on the 2nd and he probaly will be there the rest of the month. Continue to keep him in your prayers that he will learn to eat. Thanks! Oh, I cannot remember if I ever said how much he weighed, but he is 7lbs 1 ounce now versus 7lbs 6 ounces when he was born.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
In these pictures he looks like his sister.
Meganne, I want you to know that I am thankful for these posts. I don't comment all the time but I am glad I have a way to get updates. I am keeping your family in my prayers. I hurt with you and for you. I want you to be able to bring your baby home. I want nothing more! Honestly. You are loved and cared about. You are an amazing woman of strength. I know this is taxing. I love you!
Babies tend to lose weight after being born and then will gain again. He probably gained earlier in his stay due to being on a feeding tube. I'm sure he will latch on again soon! Stay strong and I will continue to pray for your family!
Oh he is so sweet! He really is adorable!
Meganne, you are doing such a great job! We can all only imagine how hard this is for you. But you are in all our prayers and we keep praying for his homecoming. What a blessed day that will be! Love you!
Post a Comment