It has been a long day! So, We feed twice together today, and he actually got a lot and did great! Lactation was another no show, twice this week they have no showed for me...lovely! James and I are doing it on our own anyway, however, I need lactation to do the pre and post weight to see how much he is getting, then we will be able to move his feeds with me up to four times a day out of the eight. Then we could add a bottle too. So, now I have to wait and do that Monday, since Lactation is gone over the weekends, but I am tempted to call the director and complain and get someone on there tomorrow while I am there. I know the director would be supportive and upset that no one showed, since she wrote it on the calendar and worked with me yesterday. She knows how important this is to me and all that James has gone through! So, today we got the order to give James his Hep B Shot and a circumcision. He went for the circumcision and came back fine, then we went to change his diaper and he was bleeding like crazy!!!! It did not slow down after a couple of hours, and there was a large blot clot passing too. So, we paged the doctor who did the circumcision and then the doctor on call came instead and had to take him back and he was bleeding from three different places and he stopped the bleeding, but almost had to put stiches in. I tell ya, poor guy can't catch a break. So, his pee pee is beyond swollen, and I stayed until I could change his diaper and see that it was not bleeding like it had been, it was fixed. So, today was another hard and trying day, but we will keep treking on. He gained two ounces today, so he is 7 lbs 3 ounces now.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Day 15....Poor guy can't get a break!!!
It has been a long day! So, We feed twice together today, and he actually got a lot and did great! Lactation was another no show, twice this week they have no showed for me...lovely! James and I are doing it on our own anyway, however, I need lactation to do the pre and post weight to see how much he is getting, then we will be able to move his feeds with me up to four times a day out of the eight. Then we could add a bottle too. So, now I have to wait and do that Monday, since Lactation is gone over the weekends, but I am tempted to call the director and complain and get someone on there tomorrow while I am there. I know the director would be supportive and upset that no one showed, since she wrote it on the calendar and worked with me yesterday. She knows how important this is to me and all that James has gone through! So, today we got the order to give James his Hep B Shot and a circumcision. He went for the circumcision and came back fine, then we went to change his diaper and he was bleeding like crazy!!!! It did not slow down after a couple of hours, and there was a large blot clot passing too. So, we paged the doctor who did the circumcision and then the doctor on call came instead and had to take him back and he was bleeding from three different places and he stopped the bleeding, but almost had to put stiches in. I tell ya, poor guy can't catch a break. So, his pee pee is beyond swollen, and I stayed until I could change his diaper and see that it was not bleeding like it had been, it was fixed. So, today was another hard and trying day, but we will keep treking on. He gained two ounces today, so he is 7 lbs 3 ounces now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Brother!! No wonder yesterday was a no go....poor James! Make sure you keep an eye on it, (since the staff doesn't seem to be)you are doing a very good, diligent job!
Post a Comment