Today was a good day! First I want to say I got to CHANGE HIS DIAPER, TWICE and TAKE IS TEMP. That seriously was the highlight of my day! The Doctor that I like so much called me at 7:00 AM before shift change to update me on the night James had. I was so excited to get this call, but that split second that you look at the phone and see the hospital, your heart stops and you say, "OH Crap!" It was all good. He told me the changes he made on the respirator and how they gave him a new medicine for his blood pressure and they were weaning him off of the others. He was on 74% oxygen and that was great. He was comfortable with his sleeping medicine. Randy and I got to go together today for awhile, and thanks to my loving sister-in-law, she was able to take Taylor too today. He through a huge fit and was grabbing on to us and not wanting to go, but we handed him off and then had to walk away. It was killing me. It was already an emotional morning, because we are were leaving and we gathered to say our family prayer and Randy asked me to say it and I was fine, unitil I started to speak and then I lost it. I couldn't go on, Reaganne looked up at me with the saddest face and frown and crocodile tears and said, is it baby james mommmy, do you miss him. She is so smart. So, it was very hard to see Taylor like that, but Jen said that he was fine halfway back to her house, and when I got him tonight he wanted to go back and play so he is fine. Thank goodness. Randy and I spent sometime with him together and then I left to get my staples out. The doctor and nurses had me talking the entire time, didn't even feel it. Surgery, what Surgery? That is how I feel. So, when I was gone, James' blood pressure went up really high, so they gave him so more of the strong sleeping medicine and he calmed down. Throughout the day they weaned him from one of his two blood pressure medicines. The good Doctors goal tonight is that he will be weaned off the other blood pressure medicine and that he will be down to 50% oxygen. The goal is around 20% to 25%, because we all breathe in 20% of air. When I left him tonight he was off his Biliruben lights and swaddled all comfortably and sleeping well. He did not seem to miss is blood pressure medicine, which is a huge improvement from yesterday. So, today was a good day. We shall see what the night brings, I will be calling late late tonight and will post if there are any major changes. Otherwise, I will post after I get home tomorrow night. Continue to have him in your prayers, and Taylor and Reaganne. Thank you!
The Doctor just called me at 9:45PM to tell me that they moved his oxygen back up five notches to 70% he was on 65% when I left tonight. His gas blood test came back a little low. BUT, he expects a good night and to still be weaned off of his blood pressure medicine. I know he is in good hands tonight and that he will call me through the night with any changes.
Here are some pics of the kids when they visited me in the hospital when I was on bed rest and lock down.




Right before the Emergency C-Section

1 comment:
Megs- you bet he's in all our prayers babe.
We love you!!
Post a Comment