Saturday, January 31, 2009

The pictures stink, but they are cute!

Hello from Grumbles land....Not much to report here...I have been practically sick since Thanksgiving Day and I am hoping after 20 days of Antibiotics I will finally get better! Ha, but the key is sleep and I don't do a lot of that around here! O'well, anyways....

The kids are doing well, and not sick! ;) Reaganne is enjoying Preschool and learning, and playing dress-up more now that she has nice dress-up dresses thanks to Grandma's Christmas present. She is getting more excited about going to Kindergarten this fall. She is my BIG HELPER when it comes to James and (Sadly)fetching me things when needed, such as blankets, diapers, etc. She loves it. She loves her baby brother very much. But, the funny thing is when we are in the car and need to give James an emergency bottle, she says she is too tired to hold it for him...funny how that works! ;)
Taylor is a HANDFUL, CAN I SAY A HANDFUL! He has discovered the word Poo Poo (thanks to daddy) and will not stop using it at all the wrong moments. :( He has a lot of aggression and when he gets made he screams really loud, shakes and then lets all is anger out on Reaganne or throws things. I am a little scared of his temper, however, I feel that he will out grow it as long as we keep up our disciplining. I do not believe in spanking constantly, there are those moments when you have to give a little pop, however we try not do to that at all. I have learned with Taylor, that he reacts to the way that we react to him, so if I yell at him in an angry voice than he will react angry, if I correct him in a sweeter voice and firm voice, than he reacts much better. He hates sitting in time out in his room, so we are doing that instead, he hates to be alone so it seems to be working. Well, I use that term very loosely. Lately, he seems not to be listening at all....I just pray that he will grow out of this behavior. Reaganne is more like what I remember me being like, scared, emotional, sensitive. You use the word spanking and she is correcting herself and crying at the thought of a spanking. I am assuming that this is boys verses girls. I really want to put him in Blast Ball here in LE, which would be an activity for him to play and have fun. Sports, that is what boys need!!!
James is doing well. He had a good last check up, however we have to go back in three weeks to check his weight. He only weighed 10lb 2ou, so she was a little worried about him, he had lost 5 ounces from his last check up. When I took him for his RSV shot they weigh him as well and he had gained 14 ounces since the last visit which was the same day of the last appointment with the Pediatrician, So, I don't know. He is our Peewee, however he eats when he wants and always seems satisfied afterwards, so I don't know. I started him on Rice Cereal twice a day, and he LOVES IT. He loves mixed fruit. He is such a happy and sweet baby. He is sleeping well too, he is on somewhat of a routine which is nice. I bet he has gained a pound just in the past week since I have been feeding him rice cereal, he actually can keep up his 0-3 month pants now. Before, when you held him up they would just slide off.
Randy is good, he is working hard and involved with church and his calling a lot. He has been around more lately which has been nice. He is such a big help around here and likes that I have been cooking every night lately. We went to the Ward Temple night last Saturday night and it was really nice to be back at the Temple since James was born. We were able to go to dinner and enjoy some time together. However, I was having a hard time, because I missed James a lot! I knew he was in good hands, but I am very attached to this baby, and I hate leaving him. I will grow out of it...;)
I am doing well, as well as to be expected with being sick and trying to keep up with all that I have on my plate. Here are some cute pics of the kids from the past week. ;)
This is what happens to you when you are shorter than the people eating over you...hahaha...Daddy dropping food on Reaganne. Hey, atleast it did not get on my clean floors! Ha




3 comments:

Angie Mitchell said...

Meganne - we went through a similiar thing with Weston right before he turned three and Michael was an absolute nightmare - I'm talking out of control screaming fits. Stay STRONG and consistent in your disciplining and he will outgrow it. I think they jumped the gun a bit on terrible 2's - it should be terrible 3's!! Dr. says they almost all outgrow it by age 4 - and 4 to 7 are the "golden years" so you don't have much longer. Hang in there and get some sleep!

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

I agree with Angie...the 3's for Ethan have been very challenging (as you know)!! The Love and Logic techniques have worked really well for him...as well as doing the "cool down" in his room or timeout chair. I have noticed that as we approach his 4th birthday that he has matured a great deal...so Taylor is so normal...hang in there!! I love the pictures...super cute. It was so nice to babysit Baby James...he is such a sweet baby, and I would miss him terribly if I were his mommy too!!

Heather Atchley said...

LOVE the picture of James! He gets cuter and cuter every time I see him. My older sister has said 3 was much harder than 2 with her boy. He will be 4 in a few months and as more time has passed he has gotten slowly better. Something about 3 and boys....hmmmm. I agree with Angie, staying consistent is very important. Things will get better!