Monday, February 2, 2009

The ART of holding BACK...and being the BIGGER person!

For those who REALLY know me, know that I am one that speaks my mind when something upsets me or makes me angry! I love a good fight, and I love confirtation a little too much sometimes. Well, I have been better with this since I have had kids and learned the ART of picking my battles. One of the best pieces of advice my mother gave me when I was growing up. I usually now don't burst unless I have been pushed too far, or can't take it anymore! I really now try to step back and say a quick prayer and feel better to leave somethings in the hands of Heavenly Father. BUT, somethings just don't fly for me and the number one thing is you don't mess with my family or loved ones!!!!! Ok, so I just blogged about Taylor and Reaganne's behavior lately and how it is wearing us out and we are still in trial and error to find the right disciplining technique. Well, we are late to church, and we always get to sit in a pew when we get there, however we had to sit on the front row of the 'overflow' section, which is not the best place for kids, because they have a lot of area to roam around. Well, this was fast and testimony Sunday and I felt very overwhelmed to get up and bare my testimony of the Temple and our recent visit. So, I bravely get up there and of course cry with the overwhelming feelings and Reaganne ran up there to bear her testimony which was too cute. Anyways, I go back to sit down and pick up the baby and before I can look up from picking him up I see this WITCH of a older lady walk up to Reaganne who was so proud of herself for speaking on the microphone and twirling in the aisle and she stepped on one of the Hymn books and this WITCH storms over to her and pushes her legs out of the way and rips up the Hymn book and RUDELY AND MEANLY gets in Reaganne's face and says, "We don't destroy Church property!" EXCUSE ME........................First, of all you never touch my child, second you never approach or discipline another persons child, and third you tell the parent if you are that bothered by a 4 year olds actions. I was in shock and bit my tongue so hard it was actually bleeding, and then looked at Reaganne and she immediately fell into Randy's lap crying, and I looked at Randy and he had this look of shock and disguised. He couldn't even look at me, because he knew the fumes were coming out of my ears at this point. I looked at all the witness behind us and they all looked shocked and I had to wait the longest five minutes of my life until Sacrament was over to approach her. SO many things were going through my head, it was not funny. I was thinking Randy was going to stop me as soon as he would see me walking up to the lady, but he did not, he was actually really PROUD OF ME! So, we said Amen, and I stood up and walked over to her and got about an INCH away from her face and told her off in a calm and strong voice, and CHOOSE TO WALK AWAY when I was done talking and did not give her a chance to respond, because I know I would have gotten loud up in there if I continued the conversation. So, as I turned my back, she basically started to demean me as a mother and walked out very quickly and out the building she went......Better run....So, needless to say I wanted to kick off my heels and throwdown right there in the parking lot! But, lucky for her I did not! Well, all I can say is she embarressed herself horrible and when she goes home to reflect on the situation she will realize that she is a HORRIBLE PERSON. She is lucky that I don't press charges! I talked to someone who knew her afterwards, and they gave me good insight to her and her HORRIBLE BEHAVING CHILDREN THAT SHE ONCE HAD! ha, gee so she isn't a perfect parent, big suprise! I will get over this, but it is all so fresh and everytime Reaganne says, "Mommy, why did that lady yell at me!" and "Mommy, what did you tell that lady, Mommy!" So, I explained to her that what that lady did was wrong, but also that when Reaganne sees a Hymn book on the floor to pick it up and put it on a chair so we can use it to sing from....My poor baby girl. I told Randy this is probably just the start for me and the confirtation with parents in the kids furture. I will protect and run anyone over that is in my way when it comes to hurting my kids, until they are old enough to defend themselves, and even then I will probably be there protecting them. I appreciate the people that came up afterwards to tell me that they saw and that I handled it well and in a good manner. I needed to hear that right then. Thank you! There is no good time for this, but it was just really bad timing, because lately, I have really been down on myself as parent and thinking how I am not a good mother, and I have been really sick and exhausted all the time, and I just did not need this to kick me when I was already down! So, I guess you all have to excuse me that I am so upset about this. I just want out of this horrible funk and to get back to my happy and energetic self and I can start brushing things off again! Thanks for listening and just know that I love my children and my husband and would go to the ends of the earth to protect them and help them. ;)

Ok on a better note, Randy got a FREE, we love FREE brand new bounce house from a lady at his work, and we finally let the kids play on it today!








4 comments:

Jeni said...

ahhhhhhh the nerve of some people. I dontknow who it was but I am racking my mind trying to think! I watched you guys walk back and sit down standing from the back of the overflow. I am horrible arn't i? I am sorry! You stick up for those kiddo!

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

Wow...that would be a really hard situation! I know that sometimes there are sisters in the the church who step over the line when it comes to how children behave and how we are doing as moms. I think they have forgotten what it is like to have little ones and so their patience and understanding is really skewed. I hope that you will be able to forgive her and let this be a distant memory. And you are not a bad mom...you are just tired and sick...and like most moms you just need a day off (like that will happen :) You love you children, you try to do your best! I hope that your heart will heal from this and that you will be able to let the bad feelings go. Hang in there!

Heather Atchley said...

Wow, great bounce house! Did she give it to you guys or is it on loan?

As for the twat at church....I already sent you a personal message with my thoughts on that, but good for you for sticking up for your kids and what is right. It is a shame it even happened.

Amanda Murdock said...

I just want you to know I love you and miss you! Your kids are precious and you are a good mom. Try to recognize where those feelings are coming from when you feel like you aren't doing a good job. All we can do is try our best at all times and stay close to the Spirit. I hope you are feeling better about what happened on Sunday. I love you!!!