My Tay Tay gave his first talk today at Church! He did AWESOME!!! All week we talked and prepared for it. I talked it up all week and he was not excited. He said he was not going to do it, and Reaganne could do it for him. So, last night in practicing it with him, he still was apprehensive and did not want to do it. Reaganne practiced it preparation that she was going to do it for him. So, we go to church and after the closing prayer Taylor's turns to me and says, "Come on Mommy, lets go give my talk. ;) I was not sure if he was for real or not, but we went up and sat for his turn. Reaganne was waiting patiently hoping she would get to do it. She loves talking on the Microphone. So, after a couple of the other Sunbeams went it was his turn, he jumped right up there and turned to me and smiled and said "Okay Mommy, lets start." I started to whisper what to say and he repeated the first couple of words, and I found myself getting choked up. My Tay Tay was doing it and it was such a special moment we were sharing together. Daddy and James were watching from the back. He repeated the whole talk clearly and beautifully. At the end he turned to me and smiled, and giggled. It was soooo cute. If you really know my Tay Tay you can imagine that cute, nervous little guy so proud of himself. I was so proud of my Tay Tay today!!!! He surprised me and made a great memory for me today! He also received a ribbon for being the reverent sunbeam in class today!!! I love you Taylor and you are a special boy that makes me so proud to be your Mommy! ;)))
"I Strengthen My Family by...
Having Family Prayers, we pray every morning before my Daddy goes to work or before we all go somewhere. I am also learning from The Book of Mormon Stories that my Mommy reads to me and I like seeing the picutes that go along with the stories. We also have Family Home Evening which we learn about Christ and Heavenly Father. We sing songs and eat yummy treats.
I will continue to strengthen my family by loving them and following Jesus Christ. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
2 comments:
I'm tearing up just reading this!! How wonderful and brave of Taylor to give his talk (especially when he knew Reaganne would step in). It amazes me each and every day how much the spirit moves through our children. They are truly children of God! You are such a wonderful Mommy to them...and all of these things that you do with them and for them are helping them become the beautiful people that they are!! Thanks so much for sharing this!
Oh my heavens---I forget he is a sunbeam! You said that and I was like "what?!" I bet Reaganne would have been more than glad to step in. lol :) I am so glad Tay did it, wish I could have seen it!
Post a Comment