Thursday, September 10, 2009

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO "OUR MIRACLE BABY" ON SEPTEMBER 10TH

Happy Birthday, Baby James!!!! It is so hard to believe that our Miracle Baby is one year old today. This past year has been amazing, full of blessings and a healthy Baby despite the beginning of James' life.
As most you know James entered this world early and was very sick.
Even though our baby of what you would think was a healthy size, was the sickest baby in the NICU at that time. After Priesthood blessings, fasting and a lot of prayers.

..I was able to hold my baby after 11 LONG AWAITED DAYS!!!

He continued to progress, slowly, but surely...He learned how to breastfeed and bottle feed. NOW he looovvvesss food! He fits in just fine with our family! LOL

This is the first picture of James without any tubes connected to him. That was an exciting day...closer to coming home.

THE HAPPIEST DAY EVER...BABY JAMES CAME HOME!!! I remember the emotion, adrenalin, happiness, love and fear that I felt as if it were yesterday!





James is the happiest, sweetest, and cutest baby. He is always smiling and when he turns that smile upside down, he has the saddest (cutest) frown and cry ever. I love every facial expression that he makes from looking at something for the first time to trying new foods. He does not like cold foods, he likes hot foods. He LOVES Pizza (Little Caesars/and Mommy's homemade). He can put away some pizza for sure, you don't even have to cut it up, he eats it whole from the point to the crust! LOL He loves his Mommy, and loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses. He loves his Daddy, because he always gives him some yummy food to try. He tries hard to keep up with Reaganne and Taylor, but they all play so nicely together. Reaganne and Taylor love their baby brother and he is an everyday reminder of all the blessings that we have received. I have not been able to leave James very often. I have a special bond and connection with him that I hold dear to my heart! I am learning to leave him more and venture out without him. It is hard on both of us, but I make sure he is in good hands and he knows I will always return. He is my late bloomer, he is not really talking right now or interested in walking. This is kinda shocking because both Reaganne and Taylor were walking or running by their first birthdays, and probably were saying some words, but he did have a rough beginning and he seems to be on track with everything else. I don't mind too much, because he seems more like a baby still and I have more time before the Independence kicks in. With Rea and Tay, I took the bottle away from them on their first birthday's and stopped the formula! I am fine with James having a bottle still at night, and will try to get him transitioned over to a sippy cup for the day. I will continue formula and switch to the 12 month to 24 month formula for awhile. He does not have a pacifier like my other kids did, which just shows me that he is his own little person and has different needs than Rea and Tay. He has a great schedule and sleeps through he night now, unless he is sick or teething. He is his happiest in the morning when he wakes up and is ready to wake up and hit the floor playing. He wants Mommy from about 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM, which any mother knows those are the hardest hours of the day. No matter if I try to pass him to daddy, he squirms down and crawls right to me and climbs my leg. I have a very bad weakness for this little baby. He has taught me though to take time out and sit with him and love on him, and then that helps me sit and take a moment with Rea and Tay too. Life is too short to feel like I am constantly having to work, clean or be doing anything other than loving on my kids.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET AND PRECIOUS BABY JAMES! We love you and are so blessed to have you apart of our family and lives.

3 comments:

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

I LOVE this little boy!! I am so emotional sitting here and thinking of what transpired last year. I am so grateful that baby James is happy and healthy!! He is just a beautiful little boy and here's to many more wonderful birthdays to come!!!

Marguerite "Meganne" Grumbles said...

It was very hard for me to write this post! I cried through the whole thing! I read through my blog from last year first, and that was hard to read. You are such a great Aunt to James and a wonderful support to us at that time. LOVE YOU!

Heather Atchley said...

I would not have believed the pizza commentary had I not witnessed it for myself. That is just nuts! I am so glad last year is a thing of the past and that he and your family have thrived so well. I am thankful the Lord placed us in each others paths to be a support to one another. :-))