Monday, June 28, 2010

Too much to catch up on...

Life has flown by since March. I have lost my photo cartridge to upload pics, so I will have to find it or get a new one before I can upload some. But, watch out when I do, there are many.
Update on our family:
We have moved from our home in Little Elm (of 4 years) to Plano. After long prayer and weighing out the pros and cons, we finally decided it was the best move for our family. It is a transition moving from a house to the apartment, but I have to say that everyone has commented on our kids, and how much happier they are. Randy and I know we made the best decision. Randy was gone all the time between commuting to and from work and going out with the Missionaries and serving in his VERY demanding calling in church. I felt more like a single parent most of time, and James did not know his Daddy very well. That has all changed!! We are living at the community that Randy helps manage and we see him all the time!! It is great! James is getting use to having Daddy around and they are bonding slowly, but surely. Reaganne and Taylor love having Daddy home more and look forward to him coming home for lunch everyday. We are being spoiled by not having to drive anywhere but Church and the gym, which are both five minutes away. We all are enjoying our membership to Lifetime Fitness, because the kids get to take classes, play in the awesome playcenter, rock climb and swim and enjoy their big slides. The gym is our backyard! LOL
REAGANNE: Reaganne graduated from Kindergarten and will be moving on to 1st grade! ;) She had an amazing teacher for her first school experience. Ms. Levy was a very dedicated and loving teacher. She always commented on wishing she could clone Reaganne and have her for all her students. Reaganne won some great awards her first year in school. She got the Outstanding Sportsmanship award, 2 No tardies, and 1 No absences, and an Art Award. She made two best friends, Destiny and Breanna. The last day of school, was so sad watching these girls give their last hugs. Destiny drew a very sweet picture for Reaganne that we have on our fridge that has the road and car and the girls waving at eachother, as Reaganne is in the car and Destiny and Breanna are on the road waving good-bye. It brought tears to my eyes when Reag brought this home. It was very sad saying good-bye to Ms. Levy, I cried and she cried and I couldn't thank her enough for loving my Reag as much as I do, and helping her learn, read, and excel. She will always be very dear to my heart. We are excited that Reag will be going to Daffron this Fall. The Plano ISD is supposedly very good, and we happy to be entering it.
TAYLOR: Taylor will be entering a five day preschool program this Fall at Beaty Early Childhood Educ. Center. WE ARE SOOOO BLESSED AND EXCITED FOR THIS OPPORTUINITY! He is getting more excited about going to school. Taylor loves that we are living here at the community. He loves going to the gym and playing. Taylor has really blossomed the most since this move. He is sleeping better through the night, he is going to his Primary Class every Sunday, and he even got up on stage and sang for the FIRST TIME EVER on Father's Day. Which was the best Father's Day present for Randy. He knew all the words and waved to us as he stood up there so proud. I can't wait to continue to see Taylor blossom in the next year.
JAMES: James has had a rough year. He has had some really bad Respiratory issues and now we are dealing with High Platelets. We are working with a Oncologist/Hematologist right now to get a handle on his blood work. We just got the results of his latest test and the Platelets are still HIGH, so we will do another test in a couple of weeks to continue to monitor it. He is getting bigger, and speaking a little bit more. He LOVES to dance, jump, and do anything Taylor does. He loves his big brother, and mimics EVERYTHING he does. He is still extremely attached to me, as I am to him. We have a hard time separating at the gym, nursery at church, and even when I leave him here at home. He is getting more comfortable with Daddy to stay with him, but he still cries for 15 mins or so after I leave. I know he will out grow it, but with James, I have a hard time too, and when he starts crying he will get himself all worked up with Hives and start to hyperventilate. We all know he has had such a hard little life, so I have no feeling of forcing any separation until he is comfortable.
RANDY: Randy is loving the walking to work and spending more time at home. He was just called this past Sunday to be the Asst. Scout Master, which is fine with me. LOL he will go to meetings on Wed night and camp-out trips once a month, I can handle that. He still loves going out with the Missionaries once a week, which is great. He gave his first talk at the new ward this past Sunday as well, and did an awesome job as usual. He has been working out regularly and fitting into his pants from Dillard's days. Which he is excited about.
MEGANNE: Well, I have really needed this change in my life. I was ready to move and not feel so distant from everything. I felt a little trapped out in LE for the past couple of years. I am excited to be closer to my In-laws/Sister-in-laws to get together for playdates and girls night outs. I miss my good friends in LE, but I know I will still see them monthly. I have been really stressed with James' illnesses, but love our Doctors and trust them. We are closer to the Hospitals and that makes me feel safer too. I have been working out regulary too, and I am excited to say I have lost since I took measurements and my weight in January, I have lost 13lbs, and a total of 20.75 inches all over my body (from neck to toe). I am very proud of myself for be consistant and working really hard. I have a lot more to go, but I am headed in the right direction. ;) I have been called to be the Valiant 9 Girls Teacher at our new ward. I am excited about this, but sad too. I have to leave James on Sundays to transition into Nursery with Randy. I am trying to be positive about this, but it is really hard. I hate not having control, and James is going to cry even more, and I am not sure Randy is too excited either with the change, but we will work it out. I will give it a try for a couple of weeks and we will see. The positives are, I get a break, Randy and James have time to bond, and maybe James will learn to be okay with being separated from me like a the gym. ;) I am trying to find the positives, can you tell? I am just so protective of my little James, but I know he needs to blossom and grow away from me too. He is doing really well, despite these sickness that get him down.
So that is my long update about our life as of right now. I will post pictures as soon as I solve that issue. In the meantime, keep James in your prayers that we get a good blood test back next visit.

1 comment:

Heather Atchley said...

LOVED reading an update and hearing about what is going on with ya'll! SO GLAD to hear things are going well and that life has improved. Keep us updated about James. I am worried for him and hope it is nothing serious. Love you Meg and miss you!!!!