Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 8....Part 1~There is light at the end of the tunnel...

I could not wait until tonight to talk about how James is doing. I got the usual call this morning from my fav. doctor and he said, "Great Night Mommy, Great night!" He said he is on 57% oxygen, but he did get a collapsed lung on his upper left lung. However, it is okay, they turned him on his tummy, and he popped it out. They alternate him on his tummy and left side. He is extremely comfortable and doing well. I got here at lunch time and he was on 49% oxygen, can you believe it the lowest reading yet. He is being weaned off of his Dopamine (blood pressure med.) He is able to eat again and is digesting it way better than a couple of days ago. They have me pumping all day to give him fresh milk to help with killing the things he is fighting. When he gets to 40% oxygen they will start weaning him from the Nitic Oxide. I am soooooo excited. This is great news and I just couldn't wait to tell you all. You wouldn't believe the low numbers. They are such an improvement from all the high scary numbers yesterday. My baby is fighting, I have told him about all the love and prayers that are going out for him. I cannot even express without crying like a two year old how much the I believe in the power of prayer, fasting and blessings. James received his blessing from his daddy and grandpa yesterday and look my baby he is making his way back to us. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful and loving ward, family and friends that are supporting us through this scary time. Randy and I are so humbled by all of you and love you all so much. I will be updated Part 2 tonight after I get home. Reaganne has been drawing pictures of her family with baby James and I have brought them up to the NICU and hung them on his wall. She is a sweet heart and loves drawing pics for her baby brother and cannot wait to hold him. Love you all keep the prayers coming. 5:00 PM just had another blood gas test, came down on the oxygen to 42%!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!

Day 8 Part 2...He had a great afternoon when I was there, he was on his feeding tube and digesting well. He remained at 42% oxygen after the 8:00 PM Gas test. He has another gas test at midnight, so hopefully it will be good and they can come down some more. I got to help turn him over today, but the nurse didn't ask if I wanted to change the diaper, so I didn't push it. I was happy just sitting with him all day and seeing him peaceful and breathing normally. I will post after the midnight blood gas test. One of the best things happened tonight though, I was outside the NICU and talking to Randy and letting him know I would be leaving in just a bit to come home for dinner and I looked up and who did I see, Bishop Poole. It was so awesome to see him there and he came back and saw James. I really appreciate that visit from you Bishop Poole. We are so grateful for all the support that Baby James and we have from all of you. Keep praying it is working. Let's all hope for another good night, two nights in a row would be amazing. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Meganne,
I cry every day when I read your entries about little James. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers. I am sooo happy to hear he is doing better. The power of faith and the priesthood is an amazing thing.
Brandi Hudspeth

Heather Atchley said...

Yay baby J.R.!!!! Can't wait for you to bring him home Meg. Hope the numbers stay good and he continues to improve.

Susan M. said...

Meganne - You, little James and your family have been in my prayers all week. I am so glad to hear that he had such a good day yesterday. Sounds like your little man is a fighter. :) He is definitely loved.

~ Sue