This was a hard day for Reaganne...she was tired that morning, and that was even after going to bed really early the night before. When we arrived to pick her up all of the school was outside on the sidewalks for a Fire Drill in the horrible heat for at least 20 minutes. They are to get released at 2:50 PM and they were not released until 3:10 PM, there were some really upset parents waiting in the heat. The kids and I got there at 2:30 PM, but I drove that day because we had gone to Hobby Lobby, and I was going to take the kids for ice cream. After the long hot wait, Reaganne finally was released and they are all to cross the street to get to us (the parents)! Reaganne was really excited and started to run towards me and a teacher grabbed her and was holding her by her shoulders and yelling at her, and I am not exaggerating at all. She had a very stern loud voice and was reprimanding her in front of everyone, holding up cars and walkers/bikers from leaving. I heard other parents talking behind me at how wrong it was of the teacher to be yelling at her. I was in shock and felt that Reaganne did need to learn no matter how excited she was that she is to NEVER run in to the street (she really knows this, but she was excited to see us) BUT, no one should yell like that to another persons child. So, I let the teacher finish and then she allowed all the kids to cross the street. One of the teachers that was nearby, kept saying trying to console Reaganne, because by this time, Reaganne was crying so hard that she was hyperventilating. The teacher that yelled at her turned to the crowd of parents on our side and said, "Sorry to whose ever child that was, I did not mean to make her cry." She did not say it in the nicest way either. I held my hand up and started toward her and she all of a sudden started apologizing to me perfusly. There were two dads standing behind me, that were laughing and saying what kind of teacher yells at a kid infront of so many parents. I did not say anything and just picked up Reaganne and carried her to the car. As I was putting her in the car, she said I forgot my lunch box...crying even harder. Poor Baby, she was soooo emotional. I took her to get ice cream and she couldn't even eat her ice cream she was so upset and crying so bad. She told me that she did not want to go back to school anymore...;( I comforted her and gave her lots of hugs and explained that atleast she has learned from this mistake and it is okay to make mistakes, b/c now she knows she will never do that again. School will be a big adjustment and she will survive with lots of hugs and many I love you's! ;)
Poor Taylor...I have been taking so many picutes lately...Taylor said in Hobby Lobby, "Mommy take my picture with the Christmas trees. I know your camera is in your bag." LOL
1 comment:
Golly! Your kids don't have a good history of strangers yelling at them! Poor Reaganne. It is too bad something like that had to happen and give her such a bad opinion of school. :/ Glad to see she has recovered.
Wow! Hobby Lobby has Christmas trees ALREADY??? We still have Halloween and Thanksgiving! Ridiculous.
Post a Comment